APGDA Roundtable - Rebuilding Trust in Algorithms
The All-party parliamentary Group on Data Analytics (APGDA) is hosting a roundtable on rebuilding trust in algorithms in collaboration with the ESPRC ReEnTrust project.
The roundtable takes place on the 24th May 2021, 16:00 – 17:30 via zoom , chaired by Daniel Zeichner MP and will feature the following speakers:
- Daniel Zeichner MP, Chair of the APGDA (Labour)
- Professor Tom Rodden, Chief Scientific Advisor DCMS
- Professor Marina Jirotka, Oxford University
- Jonathan Legh-Smith , BT Group
During the session we will discuss these key points amongst others:
1. What are the effective advocacy methods we have used as a sector so far to ensure best practice in algorithmic transparency? What are the roadblocks in helping us build these?
2. ReEnTrust and APGDA both agree that we must engage with diverse user groups in order to build trust in algorithms. How do we improve engagement strategies to ensure citizen involvement throughout the lifecycle of policy design?
The aim of this session is to build on the findings of the ReEnTrust project and the recent APGDA report “Our Place, Our Data”, to create clear and aligned recommendations for government on how we can embed ethical AI transparency practices into public sector operations.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Floriane Fidegnon floriane.fidegnon [at] policyconnect.org.uk