Cyber Security & Technology - Key Issues Explained
Cyber security has come to the forefront of public attention relatively recently, when rising numbers of cyber-attacks, such as data theft, large scale bot attacks and attacks by ransomware on companies and public institutions were recorded.
The most prominent of these was the global cyber-attack using the ‘WannaCry’ ransomware virus in May 2017.
This free-to-download briefing discusses:
- Liability for data theft: current vs. desirable rules
- How to improve security of public service digital infrastructure
- Product regulatory approaches
- Economic incentives for software developers to take cyber security seriously
- Encryption: solution or government dilemma?
- Technical solutions