Mr. Jim Mackey
Jim Mackey became Chief Executive of Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority and Chief Executive Designate of NHS Improvement on 1 November 2015.
Jim is a qualified accountant who joined the NHS in 1990. His previous role have included:
- Chief Executive of Northumbria Healthcare NHS FOundation Trust
- Interim Chief Executive of Northerland Care Trust
- Chief Operating Officer of Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Regional Director of Finance at the Regional Health Authority
- Deputy Chief Executive of Northumbria Healthcare Trust
- Director of Finance at North Tyneside Healthcare NHS Trust
He has a keen interest in quality of care, especially patient and family experience and has participated in a number of reviews and national projects, including the Dalton Review in 2014.