Permanent Secretary, Department of Health
Chris Wormald has been Permenant Secretary at the Department of Health since May 2016. Prior to that he worked in the same role at the Department of Education.
His responsibilities include:
- advising ministers on strategy and objectives for the health and social care system
- setting standards within the department
- making arrangements for governance, assurance and risk management
- overseeing the department’s performance and assuring the performance of sponsored organisations
- approving the department’s business plan, resource accounts, departmental report and major spending