Report launch - Smarter Homes for Independent Living: Putting People in Control of Their Lives
How can smart home technologies help disabled and older people have choice and control over their domestic lives? What role should government, the health and social care and the technology industry play in supporting people to use technology to live independently?
Chaired by Councillor Sir Paul Carter CBE, the Smart Homes and Independent Living Commission will explore these questions and provide recommendations to government.
This meeting of the All-Party Parliamentary Group will launch the Commission's final report. The Commission is sponsored by Bournemouth University and Coventry University.
A panel of experts will lead a discussion of the report's findings and recommendations:
- Councilor Sir Paul Carter CBE - Kent County Council
- Professor Lee-Ann Fenge - Bournemouth University
- Vic Rayner OBE - National Care Forum
- Jo Chandler - NHS Transformation Directorate
- Graham Fisher - The Disabilities Trust
- Clive Gilbert - Policy Connect
Join us for the launch on Thursday 28th April between 16:30 and 18:00 - please contact clive.gilbert [at] policyconnect.org.uk (Clive Gilbert) if you would like to attend.