The Brain and CO: Clinic workshop
The All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group (APPCOG) is hosting a medical workshop to develop on our Parliamentary roundtable examining carbon monoxide (CO's) impact on the brain.
The workshop will bring together a variety of medical and healthcare professionals to further develop the concept of a specialist clinic designed to diagnose and treat patients with neurological difficulties caused by CO exposure. The half-day event will feature presentations and discussions on critical questions facing Neurology and CO, including:
- What lessons can be applied from the development of similar clinics?
- How would a specialist neurological clinic for carbon monoxide patients function?
- What kind of team would be needed to operate such a clinic and how could it be assembled?
- How could the clinic facilitate research and serve as a long-term resource?
- Where can funding for the clinic be found and how do we build a compelling proposal?
- What are the next steps for developing the clinic?
The concept of a specialist CO clinic was originally proposed in the APPCOG's 2017 report, Carbon monoxide poisoning: Saving lives, advancing treatment, by Dr Steve White and Dr Luke Bennetto. This event is kindly sponsored by the Gas Safety Trust.