Webinar: Tackling Modern Day Slavery
Policy Connect is delighted to invite you to our next event focusing on the tragedy of Modern Day Slavery.
We will be exploring the challenges in addressing MDS, progress made since the Modern Slavery Act, and emerging best-practice, ahead of Anti-Slavery Day on the 18th October. We will also hear updates from the waste and resources sector, given recent reports that two thirds of UK modern slavery victims have been involved in the sector, to explore progress to-date and how the sector is addressing this.
- The Rt Hon Theresa May MP, Former Prime Minister
- The Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP, Chair of the Modern Slavery APPG
- Professor Parosha Chandran, Kings College London
- Darryl Dixon, Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority
- Lauren Saunders, Unseen
- Sophie Fryer, Indirect Procurement Human Rights Forum
- Melanie Flogdell, Biffa
There will then be a Q&A discussion once speakers have concluded, where audience questions will be welcome. As always, please sign up via the above link, and if you have any queries please email oliver.feaver [at] policyconnect.org.uk (subject: Modern%20Day%20Slavery) target="_blank"