Warmer & Greener: Domestic Energy Efficiency Report Launch Conference
27th April 2016, 10am - 12pm
The Attlee Suite, Portcullis House, Westminster, SW1A 2LW
Peter Aldous MP & Dr Alan Whitehead MP
- The Lord Teverson - Former Vice-Chair, APPG Green Deal & Member of the Liberal Democrat Energy Team
- Jan Rosenow, PhD - Regulatory Assistance Project and Centre on Innovation and Energy Demand, University of Sussex
- Neil Watson, PhD - Global Technical Director at ADEY Professional Heating Solutions
- Dr Brenda Boardman MBE, FEI - Emeritus Fellow, ECI, University of Oxford
- Claudia Jaksch - Head of Sustainability, Policy Connect
Headline sponsor: ADEY
Co-sponsor: British Board of Agrément
This conference will launch the final report of a 9-month research inquiry into domestic energy efficiency, conducted by the Westminster Sustainable Business Forum (WSBF) under co-chairmenship of Peter Aldous, the Conservative MP for Waveney, and Dr Alan Whitehead, the Labour MP for Southampton, Test and Shadow Minister for Energy and Climate Change.
Complementing both the Bonfield Review and the Home Energy Efficiency and Demand Reduction inquiry by the Energy and Climate Change Select Committee, the WSBF report is exploring future strategies for domestic energy efficiency and makes a series of recommendations to both Government and industry on how energy efficiency policy and practice will need to be designed in order to further the decarbonisation of energy systems, maintain a secure supply of energy and ensure energy is affordable.
By providing a politically neutral platform and involving the widest possible range of stakeholders in the research process, the final report provides an evidence-based, authoritative signpost for the future of domestic energy efficiency.
There is still an opportunity to become involved in this project through sponsorship for the report launch reception. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Claudia Jaksch at claudia.jaksch [at] policyconnect.org.uk or on 0207 202 8584.