UK Climate Projections 2018: From science to policy making
The APPCCG, in collaboration with the Met Office, is hosting an event to discuss the latest UK Climate Projections
If you would like to register your interest in attending, please contact Jacob.ainscough [at] policyconnect.org.uk (subject: Request%20to%20attend%20-%20UKCP18%3A%20From%20science%20to%20policy%20making) (Jacob Ainscough).
The UK Climate Projections are part of the Met Office Hadley Centre Climate Programme, which is funded by BEIS and Defra and provides crucial information about how we can expect our climate to change over future decades. The programme uses cutting-edge climate science to provide updated observations and climate change projections out to 2100 in the UK and globally. These projections equip the UK with information to help mitigate and adapt to the challenges and opportunities of climate change.
The event will is an opportunity to hear from experts involved in producing the 2018 projections as well as users of this information from government, industry and the third sector.
- Rebecca Pow MP (Chair): Member of Parliament for Taunton Deane
- Prof Brian Hoskins: Director of The Grantham Institute for Climate Change at Imperial College London
- Dr Olly Watts: Senior Climate Change Policy Officer at the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Professor Jason Lowe: Head of Mitigation Advice at the Met Office Hadley Centre
- Dr Geoff Darch: Water Resources Strategy Manager at Anglian Water
- Professor Sarah Lindley: Professor of Geography at the University of Manchester
Following speeches from each of the panel there will be opportunity for questions and discussion.
A final programme for the day and detailed joining instructions will be sent closer to the date.