Talent and Technology: building bridges to employment for disabled people
Policy Connect and the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Assistive Technology are pleased to announce the launch of our report Talent and Technology: building bridges to employment for disabled people on 15 July from 13:00 – 14:30.
This report details the role of technology in the experiences of disabled people transitioning into the workforce and makes recommendations for how the UK, already a world-leader in the development of assistive technologies, can harness the power of these tools and inclusive practices to make the world of work accessible to all.
The launch event will feature leaders in government, employment, education, and disability, including:
- Stephen Timms MP, Chair of the Work & Pensions Select Committee;
- Lilian Greenwood MP, Co-Chair of the inquiry;
- Lord Shinkwin, Co-Chair of the inquiry;
- Diane Lightfoot, CEO Business Disability Forum;
- Julia Green, Chair of British Association of Supported Employment; and
- Kaki Mungai, Assistive Technology user.
There will be a panel discussion followed by a Q&A with the audience where we will be keen to hear your thoughts and questions. Live captioning will be provided.