Strategic Design Leadership
The All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group and the Council for Higher Education in Art and Design, are delighted host an online workshop on Strategic Design Leadership.
“The UK is a recognised centre for design excellence and there are clear opportunities for businesses to create greater value through design by embedding it as a process, managing it more effectively and adopting it as a strategic differentiator. However, the uptake of design could still be higher and significant barriers remain in terms of knowledge, resources and business capacity if the UK is to exploit the full potential of its design capability"
- Innovate UK Design in Innovation Strategy, 2020-2024
The event will take place on Wednesday 4th November from 10:30am until 12:00pm via Zoom.
The roundtable will consider more critically the roles of Strategic Design Leadership and Higher Education in unlocking design's full potential, developing design leaders and thinkers and the imperative opportunity to redefine and reposition the central role of design in policy, social, economic and environmental transformation.
The roundtable will be chaired by John Howell OBE MP, and will include contributions from a range of figures from across the sector, including:
- Professor Sally Wade, Pro Vice Chancellor and Dean for the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Anglia Ruskin University
- Professor Martyn Evans, Director of Manchester School of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Samar Héchaimé, Director, Agora Envisioning
- We also expect to be joined by representatives from the Design Council and Design Business Association
The roundtable will also consider how strategic leadership can be placed at the heart of public policy. As the country struggles with the economic and social considerations emerging from the current public health crisis, it is vital that design thinking is used effectively to power the recovery efforts of government and industry alike.
For more information, please RSVP to jack.tindale [at] policyconnect.org.uk (subject: RE%3A%20Strategic%20Design%20Leadership%20Roundtable) .