Major Conditions Strategy
The All-Party Parliamentary Health Group is delighted to host an upcoming roundtable discussion in parliament on the recently announced Major Conditions Strategy chaired by Lord Bethell.
Earlier this year the Government announced a new strategy which would cover all Major Conditions. This overarching strategy aims to focus on the support to the increasing number of people living with multiple major conditions and would see health and care services, local Government and NHS bodies required to work more closely together in order for people to live healthy, fulfilled, independent and longer lives.
This response event is looking to gather views and ideas from the sector regarding the Major Conditions Strategy.
The aim of this roundtable is to hear from key voices of the sector on the views on the strategy understand what opportunities this strategy could provide for each condition and to learn what the Strategy needs to consider, to ensure that each condition is prioritised. Moreover, this roundtable is looking to explore how prevention is at the forefront with the integrated care approach and how these plans see health and care services; local Government and NHS bodies work closer together.
- Dr Adrian James – President, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Owen Jackson – Director of Policy at Cancer Research UK
- Professor Patrick Callaghan – LSBU’s Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research & Professor of Mental Health Science
- Professor Bola Owolabi – Director of the National Healthcare Inequalities Improvement Programme at NHS England
- Sarah Sweeney – Interim Chief Executive of National Voices
To register for this event or to find out further information please contact the secretariat at jasmin.adebisi [at] policyconnect.org.uk