LAUNCH: a Vision for Zero Plastic Waste series
A joint event by UK Research and Innovation and Policy Connect to launch the project ‘A vision for Zero Plastic Waste’.
This drinks reception will kick off a series of parliamentary events organised to examine how to achieve the vision of Zero Plastic Waste and how the UK can become the global leader on this issue.
With a range of expert speakers and attendees, these parliamentary events will inform a final publication that aims to disseminate the evidence collected and provide a framework and recommendations for policy-makers and industry.
In partnership with UK Research and Innovation, Policy Connect with its diverse suite of All-Party Parliamentary Groups, Research Commissions and Forums is helping Government and Parliament to design the political landscape in this area. The Natural Environment Research Council, Innovate UK and Policy Connect are bringing together Parliamentarians with the talents of business, academia and civil society to inform the right decisions on Zero Plastic Waste built on consensus and cross-party coalition.
Chaired by Vivienne Parry, OBE and with speeches from:
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Deben, Member of the House of Lords and Chairman of the Committee on Climate Change
- Geraint Davies MP, Member of Parliament for Swansea West, Member of the Environmental Audit Committee
- Alistair Carmichael MP, Member of Parliament for Orkney and Shetland, Liberal Democrat Chief Whip
- Barry Sheerman MP, Member of Parliament for Huddersfield and Chair of the Labour EFRA Backbench Committee
- Dr Rhoda Trimingham, Loughborough University
- Peter Maddox, WRAP
- Professor Charlotte Williams, University of Oxford
- Andrew Griffiths, Nestlé
- Professor Wouter Poortinga, Cardiff University
- Marcus Du Pree Thomas, Viridor
- Professor Richard Thompson, University of Plymouth