Launch - Connecting the Watts: The Case for a Net Zero Delivery Authority
Carbon Connect's latest report presents the findings of cross-party inquiry chaired by Darren Jones MP, Wera Hobhouse MP and Alexander Stafford MP.
Connecting the Watts sets out how a net zero delivery authority can help the UK to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Across heating, power, transport and industry, this report outlines key recommendations for government on how to create the governance, skills and standards, public engagement and business models required by the UK's target.
The launch will take place 10 December, 13:30 - 15:00 via Zoom. We will hear from the inquiry chairs and steering group on topical issues raised during the inquiry, as well as from Policy Connect on the main findings and recommendations.
Speakers will include:
- Darren Jones MP, BEIS Committee Chair
- Keith MacLean OBE, Chair, UK Energy Research Centre
- Ian McCluskey, Head of Technical and Policy, IGEM
- Maxine Frerk, Founder & Director, Grid Edge Policy
- Paul Ekins, UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
- Claudia Jaksch, CEO, Policy Connect
- Rein de Loor, Head of Sustainability, Policy Connect
- Verity Winn, Project Co-ordinator, Policy Connect
Register for the event here.
For any further information, please contact rein.deloor [at] policyconnect.org.uk
We would like to thank the parliamentary co-chairs, Wera Hobhouse MP, Darren Jones MP and Alexander Stafford MP, as well as the sponsoring partners of the inquiry: Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers, E.ON, Energy & Utilities Alliance, Baxi Heating and Worcester Bosch