Improving Building Standards in the Construction Industry
On 11th September 2018, the Westminster Sustainable Business Forum (WSBF) will convene a roundtable meeting sponsored by the British Board of Agrément (BBA) to discuss the need to maintain and improve standards in the building and construction sector.
Chair: Dr Roberta Blackman-Woods MP
- Mike Ormesher, BBA
- Martin Taylor, LABC
- Francesca Berriman MBE, CIAT
The questions we will be looking to answser are:
- What are the standards for UK buildings? What sort of regulations do buildings require?
- Are these standards being followed and enforced? Is there a difference between design and what is actually built?
- How could updating building regulations improve building standards?
- How can the certification of products improve standards of buildings, and deliver certainty for developers and peace of mind for occupiers?
- With low margins in the construction sector, price and build cost are often front of mind considerations. How can the focus on lowest costs be balanced with building sufficient quantities of high quality, safe and energy & water efficient homes?
If you would like to attend please express your interest to WSBF manager jim.clark [at] policyconnect.org.uk (subject: WSBF%20'Maintaining%20Standards'%20event) (Jim Clark).