Disabled Students and Graduate Employment
Policy Connect and the Higher Education Commission are delighted to host this event on disabled students and graduate employment. The session is a key opportunity for colleagues from across the disability, education, employment and policy sectors to come together to help set the agenda for efforts to help disabled graduates enter the workforce and thrive in their careers.
Higher Education Commission co-Chairs Lord Blunkett and Lord Norton will host the event, with guest speakers to include:
- Tim Fallowfield OBE, Chair of the Disability Confident Business Leaders Group
- Amy Norton, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Office for Students
- Claire Zilkha, Disability Service Manager at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Angela Matthews, Head of Policy and Research at Business Disability Forum
The discussion will build on the impact of Policy Connect research Arriving at Thriving and Talent and Technology, and comes against the backdrop of significant recent development in the area, including:
- The government’s Adjustments Passports Pilot
- Reforms to the Disabled Students' Allowance
- TASO's launch of research streams on graduate employment and disability and mental health
- The SEND Review
This will be a hybrid event, with some participants joining online and others in the House of Lords.
Please register for the event here: Disabled Students and Graduate Employment Tickets, Wed 27 Apr 2022 at 10:30 | Eventbrite