The Brexit Series: Energy and Climate Change Policy post-Brexit
The second in a series of seminars by the Policy Connect sustainability hub, this event will focus on the future of UK policy on energy and climate change post-Brexit, and what this means in terms of our Paris commitments and the long-awaited Emissions Reduction Plan.
- Stephen Gethins MP
- Geraint Davies MP, Environmental Audit Committee and European Scrutiny Committee
- Antony Frogatt, Senior Research Fellow, Chatham House
- Leah Davis, Acting Director, Green Alliance
- Further speakers to be confirmed.
Please note this event has been rescheduled from 1st February to 15th March due to parliamentary timetabling.
Topics for discussion include:
- What do we need to do to ensure energy security in a future outside of the EU?
- Do we need an 'Environment Bill' to safeguard our climate commitments, and what should this include?
- Should we mimic, remain part of or alter current standards such as energy efficient products standards, vehicle efficiency standards, EPC ratings, and F-Gas regulations?
- Should we opt to stay in the EU ETS?
- How do we prioritise research and funding on low-carbon economy?
- How can we improve on CAP to reduce our carbon emissions?