APSRG at RWM: In Conversation with Parliamentarians – Brexit and UK Sustainable Resource Policy
This public panel discussion aims to facilitate an interactive and informal discussion between Parliamentarians, policy makers and the sustainable resource and waste industry representatives attending RWM. Speakers will give short speeches sharing their thoughts and experiences on the key waste and resource issues for the UK and EU, and take questions from the audience.
Themes for discussion include:
- How do the results of the EU referendum translate and impact sustainable resource and waste policy in the UK?
- Where are the opportunities and risks?
- What’s next for UK environment policy?
- Does Brexit provide an opportunity to improve UK waste and resource policy?
- How does the creation of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy influence UK waste and resource policy?
- How can the industry create domestic demand for the use of recycled materials?
Circular Economy Connect Theatre
Date & Time:
Thursday, 15th September 2016
2.00pm - 3.00pm
Anne-Marie Benoy, Manager, All-Party Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group (APSRG), Policy Connect
Dr Alan Whitehead, Labour MP for Southampton Test, co-chair of the APSRG and former Shadow Energy and Climate Change Minister
Mary Creagh, Labour MP for Wakefield, and Chair, Environmental Audit Committee
Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader, Green Party
Further speakers to be confirmed.