- About Policy Connect
- Policy Connect Activities
- National Skills Forum & Associate Parliamentary Skills Group
- Skills Commission
- Higher Education Commission
- Associate Parliamentary Health Group
- Chronic Pain Policy Coalition
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Chronic Pain
- Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group
- Westminster Sustainable Business Forum
- Sustainable Resource Forum
- Carbon Connect
- All Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group
- Carbon Monoxide All Fuels Action Forum
- Associate Parliamentary Manufacturing Group
- Associate Parliamentary Design & Innovation Group
- Contact Policy Connect
The Design Commission is an industry-led research group, which supports the Associate Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group in driving thinking around design policy in the UK.
The Commission's remit is to conduct investigative research into particular areas or policy problems as they relate to, or could benefit from, design. The model is loosely based on that of a select committee inquiry process.
With its first publication, 'Restarting Britain', the Commission examined the design education system, and recommended government establish a more coherent approach to design education in order to support economic renewal. The second project, 'Restarting Britain 2', mapped the emerging field of public service design, and design-led policymaking, and called for design to be accepted as a strategic tool for governing. The third inquiry will critique government policy in support of the digital economy, asking whether there is adequate support for design-led innovation in this sector.